Sunday, May 2, 2010

Day 8

Last year I had the opportunity to attend the Art Auction hosted by the San Jose Clinic. This year I had the opportunity to do a lot of the behind the scenes stuff for the event. I really wish I could attend but I am graduating on the same day!! Anyways, back to the point of this blog. On my 8th day volunteering, I was assigned the task to wrap several of the art pieces that are going to be auctioned off on May 15. In the beginning it was just me wrapping. I simply took my time and the perfectionist in me kicked in. I made sure it was wrapped perfectly, as if I was being judged. Straight edges-check, equal amounts of tape-check, art in bag-check. But I was soon joined by Jenine who was at the clinic for the very first time. She was trying to get in hours for Medical Micro. So Jenine and I are both officers for Tri Beta. But sadly, we did not get an opportunity to get to know each other so it was really good to spend some time with her! We continued to wrap the pieces and before we knew it, there were no more to wrap!
Overall, I really enjoyed my time at the clinic because I knew that my time was important to them. I also felt glad that I could continue to help them out with things needed for the Auction. Now, I just pray that the pieces I wrapped will be sold for extremely large sums of money so that the clinic can continue to help those in need within the Houston area :)

No comments:

Post a Comment